We don’t want it to be all doom and gloom when you are at home with the kids during these uncertain times. Schools are closed and children are not playing in the neighbourhood with their friends, meaning that there are little to no outdoor activities to keep them busy. There’s nothing as challenging as trying to keep kids entertained when they can’t leave the house.
Luckily, we have some fun arts and crafts ideas that you might find suitable for your kids over this period. These DIY projects can be done with the whole family. What’s great is that all the items you will need can be found in your home or can easily be ordered online from Text Book Centre, who also offer free delivery.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Toilet Paper rolls (Different lengths, 3 or more)
Markers (Different colours)
White Manila paper
Pink Manila paper
A pair of scissors
HOW TO MAKE A BUNNY:
- Draw bunny ears and bunny whiskers outline on the papers and cut them out.
- Cut out circles for the eyes and draw the black dots for their pupils.
- Cut out the nose and mouth.
- You can add a bow tie and hat
- Use the glue to stick the ears, eyes, nose, whiskers and mouth.
- Stick cotton wool on the back for a fluffy tail.
- Follow photo above for final look.
- Take a photo of your bunny family and post it on The Junction’s facebook page
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 Paper plates Pair of Scissors
Manila paper Pink Yarn
HOW TO MAKE A BUNNY MASK:
1. Cut out bunny ears from one of the plates
2. Colour the inside of the bunny cut-outs pink, stick ears on second plate.
3. Cut out a bow tie with the Manila paper, decorate plate as you desire.
4. Stick cotton wool for the cheeks.
5. For final look refer to the above picture
6. Take photo with your mask on.
We hope you will try out some of these craft ideas and you can share the photos by tagging us on @thejunctionmall on Instagram and Twitter and The Junction on Facebook.